Skip to main content
Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Close Search
Cyngor Cymuned Ceulanamaesmawr
search
Menu
  • Attractions
  • Documents and Official Notices
  • Support
  • Councillors
  • Register of Members’ Interests
  • Council’s Archives
  • Cemetery
  • Links
  • Facilities
  • Boundaries
  • Cymraeg
  • search

Saint Peter’s Church Elerch (Bont-goch) [SN684 864]

This fine building was opened in 1868 in the centre of the village of Bont-goch. The Rev. Lewis Gilbertson and family paid for erecting the church to serve miners who had been drawn to the area for work and it was designed by William Butterfield, one of the architects of the Victorian Gothic Revival in England.

 

Photo : Nigel Callaghan
CC BY-SA 2.0

  • Previous ProjectHafan Quarry [SN730 831]

  • Next ProjectLlety Llwyd Hillfort [SN650 882]

Share Tweet Share Pin

Thank you to the following for allowing us to use their photos:

Catrin M S Davies
Ruth Jên Evans
Iolo ap Gwynn
Gwyn Jenkins
Arvid Parry Jones
Mair Nutting

© 2026 Cyngor Cymuned Ceulanamaesmawr.

Close Menu
  • Attractions
  • Documents and Official Notices
  • Support
  • Councillors
  • Register of Members’ Interests
  • Council’s Archives
  • Cemetery
  • Links
  • Facilities
  • Boundaries
  • Cymraeg
imunify-bot-check
  • English
  • Cymraeg (Welsh)